Monday, May 9, 2011

Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Basil Pasta


Back in February I wrote about a delicious chicken and sun-dried tomato pasta and mentioned that I was working on a version of it that had a little more sauce.  It just so happened that I had some fresh basil leftover from something else I made and some heavy whipping cream left over as well.  Since I had most of the ingredients on hand, I decided I'd try a creamy version of the recipe.  The results were delicious, though definitely not low in calories.

Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Basil Pasta
1-2 Tbsp butter
1 boneless skinless chicken breast
Salt and pepper to taste
Garlic powder to taste
1-2 Tbsp olive oil
2-4 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup tomatoes, diced
2 Tbsp fresh basil, minced
3 Tbsp sun-dried tomatoes, sliced (I used sun-dried tomatoes that weren't packed in oil)
3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
Fettuccine, cooked according to package directions

Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.  Season both sides of the chicken breast with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.  Place seasoned chicken breast in skillet and cook on both sides until cooked through.  Remove chicken from skillet.  Dice chicken and set aside.

In the same skillet you cooked the chicken, heat olive oil over medium-low heat.  Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.

Add tomatoes and basil; cook for another 30 seconds.


Add sun-dried tomatoes and chicken; cook for a couple minutes.


Add cream; heating until warmed through and the flavors have penetrated the cream.


You can either toss pasta with the sauce or just spoon some sauce on top of noodles.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Do you think that canned tomatoes would work or would they not be nearly as good?

Kimiko said...

I haven't tried using canned tomatoes so I'm not positive, but I'm assuming the would work if you drained them. If you try it, let me know how it turns out!

Related Posts with Thumbnails