Every year millions of Americans make New Year’s resolutions, but not me—well, not seriously anyway. I usually resolve to give up alcohol, coffee, pears, invertebrates, or some other thing I already don’t eat. I think this year I will resolve to abstain from dangerous activities such as skydiving and storm chasing. I don’t have anything against New Year’s resolutions, I just feel like I should always be working to improve myself, not just at the beginning of each year.
But for those who like to use this time as a fresh start, I’d like to offer some suggestions for change in 2011:
- Eat more rice and beans (dried, of course)
- Eat more veggies
- Try more generic products
- Eat more hot cereal and less boxed cold cereal
- Maximize your time with menu planning and shopping lists
- Use your slow cooker more
- Organize school lunches
- Eat out less
We hope you had a happy New Year, and we look forward to sharing more of our recipes and tips with you this year!