Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Mrs. Jones's Cherry Crumbles

Super easy cherry crumbles

Last week I shared a no-cook cherry pie recipe and promised cherry crumbles this week.  The wait is over! This is a fabulous recipe for last-minute dessert and, if you substitute canned pie filling, you can keep all the ingredients on hand.

Only three ingredients:  pie filling (homemade or canned),
cake mix, and butter!

I got this recipe from Mrs. Jones, my fourth grade teacher.  It was her contribution to the recipe book that Barbara made me when I got married.  (If you missed that post, you have to see it here!)  Mrs. Jones is also the source of our resurrection roll recipe and a rich dirt pudding that I will have to share in the future.

Mrs. Jones's resurrection rolls are an Easter
tradition in our house!

Mrs. Jones's cherry crumbles recipe calls for canned cherry pie filling, but you could use any kind of pie filling.  Robbie's favorite is blueberry filling--yum!!  For this version, I used the same no-cook filling that I used for my cherry pie last week.  You may want to decrease the cornstarch just a bit if you want it runnier.  It is great over vanilla ice cream so it's nice to have the juice flowing down over the ice cream.

The following recipe is for a 9"X13" pan.  I halved it made it in a 9"X9" pan so that's what's in the pictures.

Cherry Crumbles
1 recipe cherry pie filling or 2-21 oz. cans cherry pie filling
1 box yellow cake mix (vanilla would work too)
1 stick butter, melted

Preheat oven to 375 for opaque pan or 350 for clear pan.  Spread pie filling in 9"X13" pan.  Sprinkle cake mix evenly over top.



Drizzle with melted butter.  Bake 35-40 minutes, until filling is bubbly and top is golden.  Serve warm or cool with ice cream or whipped cream if desired.


This dessert, though so simple, is worthy of the china!

As a bonus for today, I thought I'd include some of the marriage advice Mrs. Jones included with her recipe: "Dating is still important in marriage.  You need to plan dates and dress up for them.  It is a great way to keep your marriage wonderful."

Serving this to your husband is also a great
way to keep your marriage wonderful.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails