Monday, March 5, 2012

Easy Eggs, Take 3 (Spinach and Feta Easy Eggs)


So last week, I may have mentioned something about weight loss...or something crazy like that.  Anyway, I have been exercising way more than any sane human being should exercise, and after I do, I like to make sure I eat some protein.  Sometimes this just means eating some almonds and turkey lunch meat.  But my favorite way to get protein after a workout is from egg whites.  At first, I was content eating egg whites prepared in the same fashion as the easy eggs I posted last year.  If you're in need of some carbs along with your protein, Sumiko's take on easy eggs would be good too.  One day, while preparing my egg whites, a lightbulb came on.  In my fridge, I had some extra spinach and some Feta.  Hmmmm...I bet those would taste amazing on my egg whites!  So, I tried it and it was delicious!  I use egg whites, but you could use the whole egg if you prefer.

Easy Eggs with Spinach and Feta
Olive oil (or canola)
Egg whites
Spinach, torn or cut into bite-sized pieces
Crumbled Feta
Garlic powder
Salt
Pepper

Lightly grease the bottom of a skillet with oil.  Heat over medium heat.  Add egg white.  If using a whole egg, break the yolk.  While the egg is still wet, add the spinach, feta, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.


Cook until the egg is cooked almost all the way through, then flip.

Time to flip!

When the egg is cooked through, remove from the heat.  I like to add hot sauce to mine (Tapatio), but it's delicious as is.  One time I added some diced tomatoes along with the spinach and Feta.  It was good that way, too.  Basically, the possibilities are endless!!!


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails