Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Honey Mustard Dressing


Summer is coming up, which means it's time for salad!!!  For some reason, I typically reserve main dish salads for summer.  I guess it's because in the winter, I want something hot and in the summer, I want something cold that won't heat up my kitchen and house too much.  Where I live, it's not uncommon for the temperatures to reach triple digits in the summer (and we're too cheap to use our air conditioner), so I like meals that require little or no cooking.  Today I'm going to share my recipe for honey mustard dressing, and in a couple of weeks, I'll share a delicious entree salad that we like to have with this dressing.

No need for brand name ingredients here!

Honey Mustard Dressing
1/4 cup mayonnaise (I use low-fat; Sumiko would grimace at that thought)
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
1/4 cup honey
1 Tbsp. prepared yellow mustard
1 Tbsp. distilled vinegar
1/8 tsp. paprika

Combine all ingredients; cover.  Refrigerate for several hours until ready to use.

I mix all the ingredients in a Tupperware-type container, so that I can store it in the same dish.
Yay for as few dishes as possible!  It may not look the nicest, but it's very practical.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails