Monday, June 27, 2011

Dark Chocolate Brownies

For a few years, I made brownies by opening a box of mix, adding eggs, oil, and water; pouring it into a pan; and baking it.  However, I no longer buy brownie mixes; this recipe is just too yummy!  I use some dark cocoa powder to make dark chocolate brownies.  I suppose to could use just regular cocoa powder, although I can't vouch how they would turn out, because I've never tried it.  I know there are different kinds of brownies: cakey brownies, fudgy brownies, etc.  If you like fudgy brownies, these are for you!

Dark Chocolate Brownies
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup dark cocoa powder
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp salt
1 cup butter, melted
2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
4 eggs
1 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Combine flour, both cocoa powders, and salt.  If your cocoa powder has clumps in it, sift it before mixing it with the other ingredients.  Mix well; set aside.
You can see the difference between the dark cocoa powder and the regular cocoa powder.
In a separate, large mixing bowl, combine melted butter and sugars; mix until smooth.  Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each addition.  Gradually add dry ingredients to wet.  Mix until well-blended.  Add chocolate chips.

Before adding the dry ingredients.


Pour batter into a greased 9 x 13-inch pan.  Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (because of the chocolate chips, you probably will end up with a little melted chocolate on the toothpick - that's fine.).


 To make the little brownie bites grocery stores sell, simply cut the brownies into 1-inch cubes and roll in powdered sugar or leave plain.

Mmmmm.  So, so yummy!
On Friday I will post the most amazing recipe that uses these brownies!!! 

ALSO, don't forget about the giveaway that's happening right here on Near to Nothing!  Midnight (Pacific) tomorrow night is the deadline for entering to win!  You can find the details here.

2 comments:

Dana said...

WOW!! I just made these and they are the best brownies I've ever had! Definitely a keeper for me. I found your blog through Thr Frugal Find a while ago, keep up the great work I love your recipes!!!

Sumiko said...

So glad you're enjoying the blog!! Thanks for the feedback!

Related Posts with Thumbnails