Thursday, July 28, 2011

Sumiko's Kitchen Confessions: Real Life in My House


It has recently come to my attention that some of our readers think I am some sort of wonder woman who does it all and does it all perfectly.  So today I thought I'd confess some things to you.

1)  My kitchen is not always clean.  In fact, it is rarely as clean as I would like it to be.  My sink is often overflowing with dishes and my counters are almost always cluttered with papers and toys.  Robbie is always concerned that I will trip over the toys that litter the kitchen floor.


2)  So far we have had two church picnics this summer.  And I have taken store-bought items to both of them.  With summer busyness, I just didn't have the time.  For the first picnic, we ran across the street to Lucky's during second service and bought potato salad.  Most recently, I didn't even buy anything.  My friend Gina gave me an extra angel food cake she had received from someone else.

3)  I am not very organized.  Hence this Wednesday post being written at 1:00 am Thursday morning.  When I get busy, I forget things.

4)  I too often allow my life to get too busy.  Sometimes it's unavoidable but not always.  And I don't always handle the busyness very well.  This week was one of those unavoidably busy times that comes annually.  Sunday was April's birthday (my baby burrito is one year old!!), Monday was my birthday, and Tuesday was our anniversary.  Of course, I had to push aside my regular chores to make April a super special birthday cake (notice my super messy desk in the background).


It started with a finger lick...

...and ended with a human smurf.

5)  I stay up way too late.  I have always been a night owl.  Unfortunately, my boys like to get up with the sun.  I need to learn to go to bed at a more decent time.

And on that note, I'm off to bed!  Good night!

3 comments:

Beth said...

Thanks, Sumiko. It's nice to know I'm not the only one. :-)

Sarah said...

Thanks for being honest! :) I sometimes wonder how some friends/family get done what they do, then I realize that those same friends usually work late into the night to accomplish some of their tasks. I am NOT a night owl and I would not do my best work late at night, so I really have fewer hours in the day to work with than they do - makes sense then that I get less accomplished. :)

Lydia said...

I did use your ingredients but I did half chicken half pork , still delicious also used feta cheese and avocado with spinach kale tomatoes

Related Posts with Thumbnails