Monday, May 30, 2011

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Sugar Cookies


Last week, I was sorting some old recipes I had and came across a cookie recipe that looked interesting.  It called for a tube of cookie dough with other ingredients added so that it's no longer a sugar cookie.  I decided to try it out and was very pleased with the outcome!  I used this recipe for the dough, but didn't refrigerate it, since I needed it to be soft.  I have to apologize because I neglected to take a picture of the finished product, but next time I make these, I'll be sure to take a picture and add it.  I will tell you, though, that the cookies don't really spread out much as they bake, so they end up being almost the same shape when they come out of the oven as when they went in.

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Sugar Cookies
2 cups sugar cookie dough (or an 18 oz tube sugar cookie dough), unbaked and softened
1/3 cup peanut butter (I used creamy, but chunky would be fine, too)
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup M&M's
1/2 cup quick oats

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Combine sugar cookie dough, peanut butter, chocolate chips, M&M's, and oats in a large bowl. 


My 2-year-old was excited that she could help me make these cookies!


Scoop rounded tablespoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet. 


Bake for 16-18 minutes, or until cookies are a light golden brown.  Remove from oven and cool on cooling racks.

As I've mentioned before, to keep the cost down, wait for M&M's to go on clearance (i.e. after Halloween, Christmas, or Easter) and stock up.  Additionally, if you make your own sugar cookie dough, as opposed to buying pre-made dough, you'll also save money.  The sugar cookie recipe listed on this site makes enough for two batches of these cookies.  Each batch may not have 2 cups of dough exactly, but if you cut the dough in half, it will be close enough.

1 comment:

st said...

Oh my word! Those look amazing! I fear I will never lose this pregnancy weight if I keep reading your blog LOL!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails