Wednesday, May 9, 2012

A Variation on Spiedies (Gluten Free)

Gluten free spiedies

It's almost summer, which means time to grill!  I had posted a recipe for spiedies a while back, which are traditionally made into a sandwich.  However, since we don't make traditional spiedies anyway, I decided to make it even more untraditional and nix the sandwich part of it.  I actually got the idea from my sister-in-law who recently discovered she has a gluten intolerance.  So instead of putting the meat and veggies on a sandwich roll, she put it on rice instead.  I'll admit, this isn't actually a recipe, just a different way of eating a recipe we had previously posted.


Gluten-free Spiedies
Cooked spiedies (marinated and grilled meat and veggies)
Steamed brown or white rice
Pepper jack or Monterey jack cheese, shredded

Place one serving of rice on a plate.  Top with meat and veggies and cheese.  Enjoy!


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails