Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Chicken Caesar Wraps


Last summer, I wrote about BLT Wraps.  I continue to make a version of this meal, but have made a few alterations.  I usually leave out the bacon (hence Chicken Caesar Wraps instead of BLT Wraps), since it's not on sale for under $2/lb very often.  Also, instead of using chicken breasts that I cook specifically for this meal, I use leftovers from a whole chicken cooked either in the slow cooker or in the oven.

Leftover meat from my slow cooker chicken.
And while we're on the subject of chicken, let me just encourage you to check the clearance meat section of your local grocery stores often.  Last week, I found whole chickens on sale for 97 cents/lb (which is more than I pay for whole chickens), that were on clearance for 50% off, making them less than 50 cents/lb!  I bought two and stuck them in the freezer!  I also found bacon for $1.35/lb that same day.  Taking a few extra minutes to check for clearance meats may well be worth your time!

These wraps are simple and make easy lunches.  You can assemble them in the morning, wrap them in cling wrap or foil, and take them to work or school for a delicious lunch!  Just make sure they're kept cool!

Chicken Caesar Wraps
Tortillas
Cooked, shredded chicken (see links above)
Lettuce, shredded
Tomatoes, chopped
Grated Parmesan
Caesar dressing

Warm tortillas in a skillet over medium to medium-high heat.  Top with lettuce, chicken, tomatoes, Parmesan, and Caesar dressing.  Roll up; enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails