Friday, August 19, 2011

Egg and Tomato Sandwich


A couple weeks ago I had some of Jerry's tomatoes sitting on my counter, waiting to be used.  I was trying to decide what to do with them as I made scrambled eggs for the boys' lunch that day.  Then it clicked--egg and tomato sandwich!

I love eggs sandwiches any time of the day, not just breakfast.  I normally don't put mayonnaise on my sandwiches.  I'd rather spend those calories on chocolate.  But when it comes to egg sandwiches, mayo is a must for me.  And the creaminess really complements the fresh tomato.


I started with my basic scrambled eggs.  On this particular day, I sauteed some diced onions before I poured the eggs in the pan.  I really liked the onion; the boys did not.  It would also be good with some sauteed peppers.

The only way I can think to make this sandwich better is to serve it on a warm croissant.  So yummy!  It would also be great on a toasted English muffin.

Egg and Tomato Sandwich
2 slices whole grain bread or 1 croissant, sliced in half
Mayonnaise
Scrambled eggs
Fresh tomatoes, sliced

Lightly toast bread or warm croissant.  Spread one of both sides with mayonnaise.  Fill with scrambled eggs and tomato slices.



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails