Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Snickerdoodles


I have to apologize for the lack of healthy recipes (or even recipes that can be served for dinner, for that matter) from me recently.  I seem to be going through a lull in inspiration, but I always have plenty of dessert ideas, so here you go!  And since it's Christmas, which is cookie baking time, I think I can get away with this one.  :)  These Snickerdoodles are so yummy!  They stay nice and soft and chewy!  The funny thing about Snickerdoodles is that the cookies themselves really aren't that good.  But then you roll them in cinnamon sugar, and they transform into addictive little morsels!

Snickerdoodles
2 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 sticks butter at room temperature
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup sugar plus 1 Tbsp cinnamon

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt.


Cream butter in a large mixing bowl; add sugar and beat well.  Add eggs and vanilla and mix until well combined.  Gradually add dry ingredients and mix until a dough is formed.  Roll the dough into 1-inch balls then roll in cinnamon sugar.





Place the balls 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.  Bake 8-10 minutes until cookies are crinkly, but soft.  Remove to racks to cool.  Sorry that I don't have a picture of the finished product!  Next time I make these, I'll be sure to post a picture!

The dough can be frozen for later use.  Once they're rolled in the cinnamon sugar, place them on a cookie sheet in the freezer until they're firm, then place in a zip top bag and freeze.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails