Friday, November 26, 2010

Black Friday Casserole (aka Leftover Casserole)


Thanksgiving is over.  Now what to do with all those leftovers?  Leftover casserole!!!  There are no quantities because you just use what you have.  The flavor will vary depending on how the individual components were made.

To make it easy on myself, I always put this casserole together as I am putting the leftovers away.  The next day, I just pop it in the oven--no prep!

Leftover Casserole
Mashed potatoes
Vegetables
Turkey
Turkey gravy
Stuffing

Coat a casserole with mashed potatoes.


Add a layer of vegetables.


Cover with chopped turkey.


Pour gravy over turkey.


Cover all with stuffing.


Bake, covered, at 350 degrees until hot throughout.  A 2-quart casserole takes about 30-40 minutes.  Uncover for last 5 minutes for a slightly crispy top.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Oh my word! What an awesome idea! A friend "made" me taste the babyfood she made for her grandson by food milling together several Thanksgiving leftovers. I was thinking, "Oo, gross" because I'm a food separatist. But one bite, and it seriously tasted like Thanksgiving -- in one bite! I'll have to remember this for post-holiday leftovers!

Related Posts with Thumbnails